WELCOME

Welcome to my blog. I enjoy sharing my thoughts and my work. Join me on my elearning journey.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Fractions

A fraction is a part of a whole number. A numerator is the top number of a fraction its how many pieces have been selected. The denominator is the bottom number. To remember this think of “d” stands for down and how many pieces overall.
A top heavy fraction is a number that the numerator is bigger than the denominator for example20/5. (Remember all you do is divide 5 into 20 which is 4).
A normal fraction is like ⅔ and ⅗.
A mixed fraction is a fraction that is mixed with a whole number and a fraction for example 3⅓ and 5⅕.
When finding fractions of whole numbers such as ⅔ of 21 you need to split 21 into 3 groups (7) and times it by 2 = 14.
Remember fractions are the same as division (÷).
Brendan!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Brendan on setting up your blog. I am looking forward to your next post

    ReplyDelete